Fine Fabric: Delicate Materials for Architecture and Interior Design
From the contents:
* Pink Project in New Orleans, USA (GRAFT)
* Sydney Olympic Park Amenities, Australia (Durbach Block Architects)
* Kvadrat Sanden Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden (Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec)
* Missoni Hotel Kuwait (Matteo Thun & Partner)
* Harisch Rutter Office in Vienna, Austria (BEHF)
Fabrics are some the most diverse architectural materials available. They can adapt to all architectural circumstances with an almost endless versatility. Textiles envelope space, create atmosphere, add accents and can be imparted almost any quality. Contemporary architecture and modern interior design make use of the inexhaustible ability of textiles to take on shape, creating breathtaking structures and impressive interiors.
This generously illustrated volume provides succulent examples of the richness of innovative design implementing textiles. Architects and designers show new dimensions of the formal vocabulary opened by textiles for their projects. Fine Fabric shows that textiles, rich in tradition, are truly a material of the future, and are able to produce any effect, be it trendy or elegant to downright futuristic.