This market in the neighbourhood of la Barceloneta was one of the first covered markets built in Barcelona, It was 1884, and was constructed with a metal structure. It was partially destroyed by bombs during the Civil War. This recent remodelling is seen as a continuity of the old structure from 1884, and as a continuity of all the changes in this highly dense neighbourhood. The market seeks to form part of its urban fabric and Miàs’ project is a clear example of integration. This book, richly illustrated, gives a comprehensive insight to the remodellation project.