Bath and Spa
From the contents
* Thermae Bath Spa, England (Grimshaw)
* Tschuggen Bergoase in Arosa, Schwitzerland (Mario Botta)
* Bliss Spa Soho in New York, USA (Jeff Etelamaki Design Studio)
* Therme Meran, Italy (Matteo Thun)
* Moku Moku Yu in Kobuchizawa, Japan(Klein Dytham architecture)
Spas are becoming increasingly common all over the world. In holiday resorts as well as in private homes, yesterday’s bathrooms are giving way to wellness rooms for recovery from modern life’s hustle and bustle. Architects and designers integrate their clients’ longing for rest and relaxation in their designs.
Bath & Spa presents seventy projects for relaxation, recreation and dreaming with photos, plans and drawings. Whether in a small bathroom or a top-flight spa, surprising design opportunities arise from different combinations of materials. The publication of the series Architecture in Focus invites the reader to discover the new trends at this exciting interface between the solid and liquid states.