From the Contents:
- Sci-Fi Booth at Comic-Con International 2005 in San Diego, USA (GRAFT)
- The Deutsche Bank Lounge at Art Cologne 2006, Germany (Karim Rashid)
- Bionis at Expo 2005 in Aichi, Japan (Zeeh Design with Luigi Colani)
- MINI trade fair stand at International Motor Show and Accessories 2005 in Geneva,Switzerland (Dan Pearlman Markenarchitektur)
- Tokujin x Moroso at Salon Internazionale del Mobile 2005 in Milan, Italy (Tokujin Yoshioka Design)
At trade fairs, companies use their stands to compete for attention of the visitors – their aim is to present a perfect combination of corporate identity and corporate design. Architects of this temporary type of architecture face the challenge of creating a miniature version of the company under very special conditions: limited space and very often limited resources.
The employed means today go further than architectural eye catcher, but also include elements that appeal to all senses, such as digital installations. Endless creative solutions of architecture, light and sound element blend together to create a spectacular fair presence in a way that leaves a lasting impression among visitors.
Richly illustrated with photographs as well as architectural plans and drawings, this volume presents the latest international exhibitions stands from all over the world.